Pineider Avatar Traveler Twin Tank Touchdown Neptune Blue
Pineider Avatar Traveler Twin Tank Touchdown Neptune Blue15106BLUF
Twin Tank Traveling Concept
Pineider is pleased to present Avatar Traveler Twin Tank Touchdown. In addition to the typical Traveler who’s features like material resistance, magnetic closure, clips with refined mechanics, the Twin Tanks offers a refined and avant-garde filling system. The concept is brilliant. The see-through ‘tank’ is reassuring.
Avatar Traveler TTT uses a filling system named, Twin Tank Touchdown. The pen has two ‘twin tanks’, a large one that serves as a reserve and a small one that is always connected to the nib.
The bayonet closure system, an integral part of the filling mechanism, is, at the same time, simple, ingenious and efficient. It allows you to open and close the ink passage quickly and intuitively.
After loading the pen from your bottle, both tanks will be filled but only the contents of the first tank will be used, the smaller one is always ready. The addition of the see through resin completes what is a great writing and entertaining instrument. Available in extra fine, fine and medium nibs.
Twin Tanks Touchdown instructions for use
1) FILLING THE PEN: The plunger works with the principle of the inverted syringe, when you press the seal it creates a vacuum which then, at the end of the stroke, sucks the ink. So if you want to load the pen, you have to rotate the bottom counterclockwise until the spring releases it and pushes it upwards. Then pull out until the plunger is fully visible. Now dip the nib into the ink to cover the section, and holding the pen with one hand, press the bottom with the other with a gentle but progressive movement, taking care to do it vertically without forcing the shaft into an unnecessary fold. Finally tighten the bottom by pressing and turning to the LOCK position.
2) SHORT WRITING: In the short writing position, the pen writes for a few pages in complete safety because the plunger closes the ink duct, isolating it from the large tank and protects the pen from ink leaks due to pressure (in an airplane, cold and heat, lifts). The blind cap is positioned on LOCK. In this position the small tank has enough ink for a few pages of writing, remembering that calligraphy and nib can affect the length.
3) LONG WRITING: In the long writing position, the plunger opens the duct that joins the small and large tanks and allows the continuous passage of ink with an autonomy of over 6 cartridges. The blind cap is positioned on OPEN. When you finish writing, put it back on the LOCK. This position is only recommended for long writing sessions at home and you should always remember to close it
4) FILLING the small tank: In the Short writing position, padlock closed, if you have used the whole small tank, turn the bottom to open and press the bottom 2 or 3 times to facilitate the transfer of ink from large to small. Then return the blind cap to LOCK
5) USE IN PLANE: in the short writing position there are no particular recommendations, but it is advisable to completely fill the small tank before take-off to have a long range once in flight and to avoid pressure changes. If you run out of the small tank in flight, fill it as in step 4.
6) PEN READY TO USE: it is possible to empty the small tank by turning the blind cap to the OPEN position keeping the nib facing upwards and letting the ink flow into the large tank. Once the bottom is returned to LOCK, you will have an empty pen but with the second tank full and ready for use.
- Overall Size - 5 5/8 in. x 9/16 in. (140mm x 14mm)
- Body - 5 1/4 in. x 9/16 in. (131mm x 14mm)
- Cap - 2 5/8 in. x 9/16 in. (63mm x 14mm)
- Weight - 25 g
- Composition - UltraResin
- Appointments - Silver
- Nib - Steel
- Piston filled - Twin tanks
- Engraving - The resin of this pen is engraved and then filled with a silver color to match the appointments.
Free ShippingShipping Information
We offer free shipping to one location for any order $95 and above.
Hassle Free ReturnsReturn Policy
Shopping from your home or office need not be a concern. If you decide you’ve made an incorrect choice or the refills you thought you needed were ballpoints (but you actually need a rollerball), no worries. Pens can be returned/exchanged unused for 30 days. Refills are Guaranteed to perform to your standards.